Thank you for applying to be a UPG Sustainability Leader.
What we are looking for:We are building a diverse group of people who want to take positive action that helps the world tackle our sustainability challenge. UPG agrees that sustainability includes BOTH the usual "green" issues such as planting trees, recycling waste, managing energy, protecting the oceans AND it also includes other issues that have been central to our societies for a long time such as: education, health, jobs, gender equality, sustainable consumption, sustainable production and more. For those who are familiar with it, UPG uses the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guide.
Diversity among UPG Sustainability LeadersUPG Sustainability Leaders include:
- people who are passionate in a specific area (e.g. jobs or education or oceans), there is no need to be passionate in all areas.
- people who have already taken action related to sustainability AND people who have NEVER taken action
- people from all world regions
- people aged 18 to 35
- people of different levels of education
- people who have a strong motivation to to be UPG Sustainability Leaders
- people who are willing and able to take action on sustainability
- people who believe in UPG’s mission to empower people to make the world a better place through positive action.
Finally this diversity means that everyone stands a chance when we make the selection of the final UPG Sustainability Leaders.
The evaluation of the application is done by reviewing the following four sections of your application:
A. Profile - who are you? This helps us to strive for diversity.
B. Motivation - why do you want to be a UPG Sustainability Leader?
C. Capability - how capable are you to do what you want to do?
D. Potential of Impact - what is the potential of your early ideas?
Thank you again and good luck!
Become a UPG Champion
Our Terms of Service
Required Commitments for Applicants:
I understand that if selected as a UPG Sustainability Leader, I commit to attending a complete training session on one of these dates:
Training 1: June 17-21
Training 2: September 2-6
Training 3: September 23-27
This may require arriving 1 or 2 days before the training starts and only leaving at the end of the training.
I commit to leading a sustainability-related project within my community and I commit to organising at least 1 mini-training session to share with others some of what I learned as part of my training. I commit to initiating these actions within 3 months of completing my training.